Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program
Do you want to decrease your pain, decrease your doctor visits, and enjoy life more? The Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program offers weekly workshops in local community settings. The workshops are about 2 1/2 hours, once a week for 6 weeks. Anyone with an ongoing condition can come. Chronic conditions include asthma, arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure, COPD or emphysema, depression, or others. Two trained leaders, one or both with a chronic disease conduct workshops themselves.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques for frustration, fatigue, pain & isolation
- Appropriate exercise to maintain & improve strength
- Appropriate use of medications
- Good nutrition
- Communicating effectively with family, friends & health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
For more information call the Utah Arthritis Program at 801-538-9458 or visit the website.