Welcome to the Medicaid Pharmacy Services Resource Library. Here, you will find past Amber Sheets for viewing and printing, links to current and past Policy Manuals and Medicaid Information Bulletins (MIBs) as well as links to other helpful information regarding Utah Medicaid Pharmacy Program.
We will continue to add to this library, and we appreciate any email feedback letting us know what else you would like to see added to our library.
The Pharmacy Manual Attachments listed below have now been incorporated into the Preferred Drug List:
- 3 Month Supply List
- Brand Over Generic List
- Drug Criteria Limits
- OTC Drug List
Other helpful information can be found on the following pages:
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Utah MAC opens in a new tab
- Medicaid Provider Manuals
- Medicaid Information Bulletins (MIBs)
Reimbursement schedules for HCPCS codes can be found here opens in a new tab.
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain opens in a new tab
- CDC Opioid Guideline Mobile App opens in a new tab
- CDC Pocket Guide for Tapering Opioids opens in a new tab
- CDC Opioid Oral Morphine Equivalent Conversion Factors opens in a new tab
- Non-Opioid Alternatives for Pain Management opens in a new tab
- Naloxone opens in a new tab
- State of Utah Naloxone Standing Order opens in a new tab
- Utah Controlled Substance Database opens in a new tab
- FDA Alert 9 Apr 2019: FDA identifies harm reported from sudden discontinuation of opioid pain medicines and requires label changes to guide prescribers on gradual, individualized tapering opens in a new tab
Meetings with pharmaceutical representatives
For meetings between the Utah Medicaid pharmacy team and pharmaceutical representatives, please follow the guidelines outlined in "Pharma Meeting Guidelines.pdf" and submit the form "Pharma Meeting Request Form.pdf".
The documents are provided in Adobe format. If you cannot view a file, please download the free plug-in from the link below.