Welcome to the Medicaid Pharmacy Services Resource Library. Here, you will find past Amber Sheets for viewing and printing, links to current and past Policy Manuals and Medicaid Information Bulletins (MIBs) as well as links to other helpful information regarding Utah Medicaid Pharmacy Program.
We will continue to add to this library, and we appreciate any feedback letting us know what else you would like to see added to our library.
The Pharmacy Manual Attachments listed below have now been incorporated into the Preferred Drug List:
- 3 Month Supply List
- Brand Over Generic List
- Drug Criteria Limits
- OTC Drug List
Other helpful information can be found on the following pages:
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Utah MAC
- Medicaid Provider Manuals
- Medicaid Information Bulletins (MIBs)
Reimbursement schedules for HCPCS codes can be found here.
- CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- CDC Opioid Guideline Mobile App
- CDC Pocket Guide for Tapering Opioids
- CDC Opioid Oral Morphine Equivalent Conversion Factors
- Non-Opioid Alternatives for Pain Management
- State of Utah Naloxone Standing Order
- Utah Controlled Substance Database
- FDA Alert 9 Apr 2019: FDA identifies harm reported from sudden discontinuation of opioid pain medicines and requires label changes to guide prescribers on gradual, individualized tapering
Meetings with pharmaceutical representatives
For meetings between the Utah Medicaid pharmacy team and pharmaceutical representatives, please follow the guidelines outlined in “Pharma Meeting Guidelines.pdf” and submit the form “Pharma Meeting Request Form.pdf”.
The documents are provided in Adobe format. If you cannot view a file, please download the free plug-in from the link below.