- Check-ups, x-rays, and cleanings every six months
- Tooth colored fillings for front teeth
- Silver fillings for back teeth
- Root canal treatment for certain teeth
- Removal of the soft inner part of the tooth (pulp) for infected baby teeth
- Pulling teeth
- Dentures, partial dentures
- Space maintainers for children with missing teeth
- Some orthodontic care for children
- Some specialty care for surgical centers for care under general anesthesia
- Emergency exams for acute onset of pain
- Always take your Medicaid member card and dental plan card (if applicable) to each appointment.
- Use a dentist who accepts Medicaid or is on your dental plan network.
- Keep your appointment or cancel at least 24-hours in advance.
- Some dental services need a prior authorization. Your dentist will need to get permission before you can be treated.